Leave in Term Time Request Form
Before requesting leave in term time you need to think about:
- The lessons your child will miss
- The difficulty your child will have in catching up
- The effect it will have on your child’s friendship groups
- The effect it will have on how well your child performs in school
For your information:
- Amendments have been made to the Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 which took effect from 1 September 2013. From this date schools will not be permitted to grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- All term time holiday/leave requests must be submitted to the Principal with the exceptional circumstances fully explained. In order to make the decision whether to authorise leave or not, parents/carers may be asked to provide evidence supporting their circumstances.
- Parents/carers need to be aware that Penalty Notices can be issued per parent, per child for unauthorised absence from school, for unauthorised leave taken in term time and/or for pupils stopped during a Truancy Patrol (£60 if paid within 21 days; £120 if paid within 28 days as at 1 September 2013) in line with the Education (Penalty Notice Regulations) England 2013. The Council’s Safeguarding and Social Inclusion Service will issue Penalty Notices on behalf of the Police, the Local Authority and the School.
Please complete and return to the School Office at least one week before the proposed leave