The pupil premium is a grant given by the government to schools in England to decrease the attainment gap for the most disadvantaged children and enable them to reach their full potential, whether by income or by family upheaval.
In the 2019 to 2020 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each pupil registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,320 for pupils in year 5 and 6
- £935 for pupils in year 7 to year 11
- Pupils are identified as being eligible for pupil premium in the January 2018 school census or the alternative provision census as having left local authority care as a result of:
- a special guardianship order
- recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local authority care)
- parents in the armed forces
To view the current strategies in place to promote the progress of pupil premium students look at the link below:
Pupil Premium Strategy 2019/20 - LINK PENDING
Should you require any further information please contact Mrs Whent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free School Meals
Many people who qualify for help with paying for school meals don’t realise it, and therefore miss out on a valuable entitlement.
If you receive any one of the following you may qualify.
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Child tax credit, but only in a household where no working tax credit is being paid by either partner or the combined annual income does not exceed the current threshold for support.
- The guaranteed element of Pension Tax Credit.
However, as Government and HMRC rules do vary on a yearly basis, we strongly urge parents or carers needing and seeking support, or those who think they might be entitled to support, to contact the Education Welfare Service at Central Beds Council on Tel: 0300 300 8306, Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 17.30 & Friday 8.30 – 16.30.
You will need your National Insurance Number and Date of Birth to access the database system. This information will then be sent to us.